August 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm
by Irina Gonzalez
I just came back from vacation at my parent’s place in Florida (where I really tried to stay healthy while on vacation) and I brought back a ton of veggies. My mom has seriously gotten into gardening, which is something that I wish I had the talent and patience for. Whenever I visit these days, she makes me take some home. Not that I’m complaining, of course! But what do I do with them all? I decided that the easiest thing is to make some super-delicious slow cooker vegetable recipes.
Now, I don’t mean vegetarian soups and stews (which I do love and have made plenty of), but I mean actual veggie-based recipes. I mean, what are my other options? Some boring salad? No, thanks! Instead, these are the slow cooker recipes that I’ll be making and that will make you (and your whole family) fall madly in love with vegetables. Yes, seriously!
1. Easiest Ever Slow Cooker Collard Greens: One of the best recipes I’ve made lately, I am seriously in love with the way my collards taste when made in the crockpot. In fact, I might make this again, soon!
2. Slow Cooker Indian Spinach and Tofu: Spinach in the slow cooker? I absolutely never thought that this one would work but the addition of Indian spices and tofu makes this a nice, complete meal.
3. Slow Cooker Corn Summer Salad: Okay, the corn in this salad is what makes it shine. I mean, we all love corn in the summer, right?
4. Slow Cooker Mediterranean Eggplant Salad: I got eggplant from my mom’s garden, and this salad is an ideal idea.
5. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers: I made these peppers a while ago but they were so good that I still occasionally dream about them. I mean, the easiest stuffed peppers? Yes, please!
6. Slow Cooker Thai Butternut Squash Stew: This veggie isn’t really in season right now, but if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on it soon, then you simply MUST make this great stew.
7. Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Cabbage: Another of Heather’s great dishes, this recipe couldn’t really be simpler OR more delicious. Cabbage isn’t always a crowd pleaser, but it will be here!
What is your favorite vegetable to make in the slow cooker? Share with us in the comments below!