March 21, 2012 at 2:30 pm
by Irina Gonzalez
We’ve made a few desserts here at the Slow Cooker Chronicles but it’s been a while since me or Heather tackled a dessert. Although we’ve had some good success in the past (she made a delicious Slow Cooker Applesauce Cake and Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding while I’ve made Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Butter and Slow Cooker Baked Apples), we’ve been too busy making things like Slow Cooker Meatballs and the Best Slow Cooker Ethnic Meals to focus on desserts. But it’s my birthday this week and (although I usually try to keep it healthy), I’m not going to lie, I want some cake!
Although initially I gravitated toward Family Circle’s delicious Slow Cooker Butterscotch Pudding Cake (doesn’t that look AMAZING?!), I realized that what I’m really craving is chocolate. A really great, special chocolate cake, to be exact. And that’s exactly what I’ll be making myself this weekend from one of these recipes. To be honest, they all sound so mouth-watering, that I might even do more than one! After all, it’s my birthday and I’ll have a slow cooker dessert if I want to.
1. Slow Cooker Gooey Chocolate Cake: Goey chocolate cake topped by ice cream? Yes please! I’ve always loved my cakes soft and creamy and this one is perfect for that.
2. Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake: You really can’t go wrong with chocolate pudding, so how could you resist a chocolate pudding cake? It’s easy and delicious.
3. Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake: Chocolate and peanut butter are best friends for a reason and this tastes-like-a-Reese’s cake is at the top of my list.
4. Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate Lava Cake: Whenever I go to a restaurant, I always order a molten lava cake if they have it. Now I (and you) can learn to make it at home!
5. Slow Cooker Chocolate Truffle Cake: Truffles are one of those delicacies that I can never get enough of. If you’re looking for something a bit fancier, this one is it.
6. Slow Cooker Nutella Swirl Chocolate Cake: Nutella is a delicious chocolate treat and this cake combines the delicious creamy chocolate with a simple vanilla cake.
7. Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Raspberry Cake: Raspberries give this cake a fresh take while still keeping it deliciously moist thanks to the combination of different chocolates.
What is your favorite dessert for the crockpot? Have you ever made a slow cooker chocolate cake? Share with us in the comments below!