August 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm
by Irina Gonzalez
I was extremely inspired by the slow cooker breakfast recipes that Heather wrote about yesterday. I love slow cooker oatmeal, but to be honest, I thought oatmeal was the only option when it came to breakfasts in the slow cooker. Luckily, there’s a lot more foods you can whip up for breakfast in your crock-pot. Here are some other breakfast items I found, plus a few delicious oatmeal recipes.
1. Slow Cooker Overnight Oatmeal: As delicious at it is simple, this oatmeal is actually very filling thanks to the fiber in the apples, the sweetness in the cranberries and the protein from the walnuts.
2. Slow Cooker Turkey Bacon, Spinach & Gruyere Quiche: Just like Heather, I really love to eat eggs. Bacon and spinach just screams breakfast to me, too, so I’m in love with this recipe.
3. Slow Cooker Lemony Blueberry Oatmeal: Fresh blueberries in the summer are seriously one of my favorite things, ever. Plus I’m a big fan of sweet and bitter flavors, so the addition of lemon is great.
4. Slow Cooker Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole: Making a good hash brown is always a great treat and this breakfast casserole recipe makes me pretty happy. In fact, I bet this will be the first one I try.
6. Slow Cooker Breakfast Risotto: A breakfast risotto made in the slow cooker? Well, why not? I’m half Cuban so eating rice is practically my birth right and I certainly want to try having it in the morning!
What is your favorite slow cooker breakfast? Share with us in the comments below!