August 27, 2012 at 11:23 pm
by Irina Gonzalez
As I gear up to exercise more this Fall, I need just a little bit of help. Although I’ve started jogging, swimming a little and I’ve even been inspired to do more by the Olympic athletes, there’s always more to be done. That’s why I’m gearing up to do more this season with great fitness apps for exercise. Whether it’s learning how to run better, doing yoga or actually figuring out which strength-training exercises are the best for my body, there’s a good iPhone or Android app for everybody. Here are my favorites:
1. Nike+ Running: This is my favorite app, since it uses a GPS signal to track how far and how fast you’ve run. My favorite is that you can also sync to your Facebook page and share your success with your friends.
2. Pocket Yoga: A great app for the Android phone, this is one that helps you stretch your way to health. Yoga is great and this app actually helps you do it at home when you can’t make it to a class.
3. GymPact: Have trouble going to the gym? I know I do! That’s why this app is one of my favorites because it actually encourages me to make it to my scheduled workout. I mean, really, what else is there?
4. Women’s Health workouts: Part of exercising is building up some muscle, which is why I love this app. It’s all about strength exercises for women and some of my favorites include the kind that shape my upper body since that’s what I personally need the most help with.
5. Couch to 5K: Running. I hate running. I really do try it every other month but it never seems to last. However, with this app about learning to run a 5k (about 3.1 miles), there’s a perfect way to learn how to be the best with exercise.
Do you work out with the help of your phone? What are your favorite health and fitness apps? Share with us in the comments below!